A dreamy swirl of rosy pink and icy blue
Pantone just announced its Color of The Year 2016, surprising all with a beautiful blend of two shades joining together as one. Representing balance, duality and wellness, the color is the unification of Rose Quartz, a warm pink, and Serenity, a cool blue.
We’ve personally loved this color combo since the Aveda Artists Autumn/Winter 2015 Collection team debuted it in a breathtaking Sublime Spirit hair color look (seen above).
“The color is as if it’s pastel clouds spun from a dream,” says Jo McKay, European Technical Hair Specialist, who worked on the look. “Fading icy blue and violet pastels from light to dark gives this hair color an antiqued, stained appearance,” she adds.
Antoinette Beenders, Aveda Global Creative Director, created the style that perfectly shows off this hair color. Here, she provides the steps to this dramatic Victorian-era bun:
1. Prep damp hair with Pure Abundance™ Style-Prep™.
2. Apply Thickening Tonic heavily at roots and moderately from mid-lengths to ends, followed by 1 pump of Light Elements™ Smoothing Fluid from mid-lengths to ends.
3. Blow-dry hair with fingers, pulling sections straight up from the head to dry the roots.
4. Switch to a brush, and blow-dry hair smooth from mid-lengths to ends, maintaining lift at the roots.
5. Using loose tension, brush hair into a ponytail at the crown. Push your hand toward the head to create width and secure with a hair elastic, making sure hair is evenly distributed around your head.
6. Tie ponytail in a knot, and pin into desired shape.
7. Finish with Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray.
The hair color was created using Aveda Full Spectrum™ Hair Color. To get the look of Rose Quartz and Serenity, find an Aveda colorist near you through our Aveda Salon Locator.
Loving this hair color? Share it on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #LivingAveda #AvedalaTierra
And pick up these Aveda must-haves that helped create this look:
- See more at: http://livingaveda.com/visual-wellness-pantone-2016-color-year/#sthash.BFdGvdiv.dpuf